REMOTE INTELLIGENT ACCESS TO LAB EXPERIMENTS IN EUROPE
The RIALE-EU project stems from the need to show students the steps of an experimental process so that they can efficiently work through it while appreciating its complexity. Thanks to the synchronous remote access to the experiment, the experience becomes alive as students follow the researchers’ actions, communicate with them through questions and confirm hypotheses on the topic. Today, distance learning strategies are a regular practice schools. The RIALE project, with its platform, makes experimental processes available to distance learning students from compulsory schools or universities and even to professionals.
The project is financed by Sardegna Ricerche with funding ex art. 9 lettera c) L.R. 20/2015. It was born inside the IDEA project which was funded by the Cohesion Action Plan (PAC) of the Autonomous Region of Sardinia.The project is conceived and implemented by the Education Technology Group of CRS4.
RIALE is both a methodology and a teaching platform that allows teachers and students synchronous and asynchronous remote access to the experimental activities of technical or scientific laboratories of universities, research institutions and schools.
RIALE's main objective is to offer Sardinian schools an innovative educational environment able to promote and develop technical and scientific knowledge.
How to use RIALE
- Synchronous mode
In Synchronous mode, users are connected with the technical scientific laboratory. The session lasts about 60 minutes during which teachers and students participate live to a lab experiment as it is being carried out by the researcher or Lab technician. This is made possible thanks to video cameras and sensors/actuators
- Asynchronous mode
In Asynchronous mode users can access and use the contents of an interactive Timeline. Teachers can customise Timeline contents and upload additional educational material (documents, tests videos, etc).
DATES AVAILABLE FOR SYNCHRONOUS SESSIONS
CATALOG OF EXPERIMENTS
- To create a profitable interaction between secondary school teachers and students and researchers from research centres and universities
- To make it possible for secondary school students to learn more about the world of scientific research in situations where it cannot be done directly
- To provide each learner with a tool that adapts to their learning style, thanks to the interactive timeline contents that can be accessed H24, 7/7.
- To provide school teachers with a tool to monitor the learning paths of each student
- To offer classes the opportunity to make observations using the scientific method, through the acquisition and analysis of the data collected in research laboratories
- all high schools in Sardinia as content users and users of the didactic platform
- technical-scientific laboratories of universities, research centres and schools, that make their experiments available
IDEA-RIALE CONFERENCE 2022
- Consult the playlist of the conference with contributions from all speakers.