- Educational Technology
- Game-based Interaction and Technologies
- Collaborative and Social Environments
- Content Technologies & Information Management
- Internet of Things and Energy Efficiency Technologies
- Natural Interaction and Knowledge Management Technologies
- Smart Environments and Technologies
The pursued innovation process is based on two basic assumptions:
- CRS4, in collaboration with universities and research institutions, promotes strategic projects involving the local business ecosystem;
- The platforms realized in the industrial research projects will provide an access layer in open data mode, with the aim of encouraging the development of vertical applications by local SMEs, within Open Business paradigms for collaboration.
The most important strategic projects at this stage belong to the topic of Smart Cities in the areas of Smart Mobility and Logistics, developed by a structured network of Research Bodies and Large and Small Enterprises.
The theme of the Smart Cities is particularly interesting for the application of the open business paradigms, both for the pervasiveness of technologies at stake, both for the cross-impact of applications in various sectors significant in local economy: Transport, Culture, Agribusiness, Tourism; thus creating the conditions to stimulate growth and innovation in the system of local enterprises.