The expertise in biophysics, bioinformatics, molecular dynamics and high performance computing enables an holistic approach to quintessential problems in life science and biotechnology.
Current research themes include:
- Cell proliferation, growth and differentiation;
- Metabolic kinetics and oxygen consumption in tissues and living cells;
- CO2 sequestration through microalgae and production of biofuels, nutraceuticals, pharmaceuticals, bioplastics, lubricants, etc;
- Biophysics systems studies by means of large scale molecular dynamics, protein-protein docking, design and engineering of proteins;
- Modeling and simulation at a molecular level of processes involved in medicine and biology, particularly muscle control, narcolepsy, inflammation and autoimmune diseases;
- Innovative methods of Datamining, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence for chemistry, pharmacology and in large for life sciences, including i) automatic force field building for Molecular Dynamics and ii) unsupervised molecular properties prediction.