CRS4 has been awarded 5 innovation and technology transfer projects in the domains of the Smart Specialization Strategy of the Sardinia Region (ICT, Tourism, Culture and Environment, Biomedicine, Agrifood and Bioeconomics) for a total investment of 1.5 million euros, through the program "Azioni cluster top-down” 2016 managed by the regional agency Sardegna Ricerche.
The projects are:
- OVERTHEVIEW - Towards Universal Design for Accessible Culture, scientific responsible Gavino Paddeu, Program Natural Interaction and Knowledge Management Technologies with a cluster of 24 companies and associations;
- COMISAR - Cultivation of sardinian microalgae strains for innovative applications in the agrifood, nutraceutical, cosmetic and environmental sectors, in collaboration with Cagliari University (coordinator Giacomo Cao) and CINSA, CRS4 scientific responsible Alessandro Concas, Program Modeling & Simulation, involving 11 companies;
- NIASMIC - Non-Invasive Analysis of Somatic Mutations in Cancer, scientific responsible Paolo Uva, Program Next Generation Sequencing Core, involving 6 companies;
- SARIM - Sardinia Immersive: new languages for the touristic promotion of the island, scientific responsible Massimo Deriu, Program Game-based Interaction and Technologies, involving 12 companies and associations;
- TESTARE - Technologies and tools for advanced characterization and management of the environment, in collaboration with Cagliari University (coordinator Giovanni De Giudici) and SOTACARBO, CRS4 scientific responsible Pierluigi Cau, Program Smart Environments and Technologies, involving 12 companies.
Six other CRS4 projects were eligible but not immediately financed due to lack of funds.